Wednesday 14 September 2011

Why, God, Why?

Good morning world! Welcome to my new blog. I intend to use it to further the cause of all extreme right-wing politics, and particularly that modern-day angel Michelle Bachmann, who (I've been reliably informed) is probably sane.

I kid, I kid. It's actually about the tumour in my head (much more palatable now, huh?). There are five main reasons why I started this blog, and I quickly realised that an easy way to get out of writing a proper first post is to list them in full:


1. The pun in the title was too good to pass up.

2. I like talking too much.

3. I may have recently developed some kind of horrible blogging addiction.*

4. People often want to ask me questions about how I'm doing/what actually is wrong with me and I tend to confuse them with the answers.

5. To be a vaguely useful repository of information about pituitary adenomas.


So there you have it. I guess the best thing to do would be to give a chronological account of the various things that have happened; diagnosis, initial treatment, surgery etc. etc. But I seriously doubt I have the attention span for it. I shall strain every sinew to give a fairly detailed account of my experience of surgery (well, not the actual gross pass-me-the-chainsaw-nurse part, but certainly the bits I was awake for) because before I had my surgery I wanted to know what to expect, and wished that other bloggers with pituitary adenomas had gone into more detail about it. But other than that, who knows? If you have any questions, feel free to ask.


* I also have a blog dedicated largely to nice photographs which I've taken and a blog of vaguely amusing cupcake pictures I've drawn. Oh, and in my capacity as volunteer marketing lady I am developing a secret blog in secret, like some kind of sinister top-grade weapons manufacturer. Possibly at some point I may need to stop in order to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment