Saturday 12 November 2011

Another gem from Terence

Following my earlier post today, I've stalked Terence Hale, who is certainly rather an opinionated chap, around the Guardian website. Interestingly, he signs his earlier comments as Dr Terence Hale but then becomes plain Terence Hale later. This is relevent in no way to pituitary adenomas, but I had to share it anyway.

I was intrigued to gain a small insight into the marriage of this mysterious character...

"Miss or Mrs Winfrey (if Mrs., poor man) makes her money by televised sermons to extravagant, don't wash-up or take the dog for a walk stuck to the television all day women like my wife."

And yet:

"In Switzerland most supermarkets have restaurants which usually means the wife go's shopping and the husband in the restaurant.
Regards Dr. Terence Hale"

Terry's Top Tips for Valentine's Day:

"1) Open the oven door
2) Block both ears
3) Play Jimmy Hendrix
4) Walk on water
5) Have a nervous break down
6) Find a duck pond that smells
7) Cut your self

Don't phone me, I'll phone you.
Regards Dr. Terence Hale"

His thoughts on the Royal Wedding:

"Just helpful advice for the Royal marriage. Usually people who get married are in love. This is where the problems starts. Love in like a piece of cheese, the first day nice and soft, the second day a little harder and the third day it smells terrible.
Regards Dr. Terence Hale"

And finally:

"Many people, including myself have reservations in disclosing close encounter with aliens because of being ridiculed.
It takes much courage to confide such an encounter.
Regards Dr. Terence Hale"

2 comments:

  1. Good grief. He seems to be pretty prolific in The Economist, too.
    https://www.economist.com/users/terence-i-halehotmailcom/comments?page=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it never occurred to me to look beyond the Guardian! how does he have the energy to formulate so many completely random yet very strong opinions? I may have to start some kind of fan site devoted to him...

    "Dr. Merkel and I have something in common. We both have made "New Land"- She with her Euro and I have tiled a floor. This, for both of us the first time. My tiling was a mess after which I went for a Chinese take away."

    ReplyDelete