Monday 16 July 2012

IMFW: Where are you on the Global Fat Scale?

A bonus Interesting Medical fact of the Week this time - I've skipped a few, because with writing up my hospital trip and all, I've been updating pretty regularly without them - which is more of an Interesting Medical Do It Yourself. The BBC website has created a calculator which allows you to input your height, weight, age and gender, and then calculates your Body Mass Index (BMI). This is then compared to average BMIs for people of your age and gender in countries all across the world.

My attention was first drawn to this when my boyfriend announced that he had the BMI of someone from the Democratic Republic of Congo, which sounded pretty concerning. So of course I had to look it up. As it turns out, my own BMI is most like a woman aged 15-29 in Bangladesh. Hurrah!

Obviously BMI is a problematic calculation given that it does not take into account a person's frame size or muscle mass - and as we now know that I am in fact 36% fat it's pretty clear that in my case it is not even a vaguely accurate measurement! However, it is still a diverting way to spend two minutes, and I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. DR CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, YOU HAVE SAVED PEOPLES LIFE....
    MY SISTER cured of HIV with the used of natural herbs. My name is .SHINA ADEYEMI and am from SENIGAL. SHE love herbs so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time. SHE was cured 4 months ago, SHE suffered from HIV for 6yrs but with the help of Dr.CHUKWU MADU herbaL HOME, SHE was cured within few weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to her through courier delivery service. This same doctor also cured my FRIEND from herpes, as soon as i heard she had herpes, i quickly refer her to Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME and she was cured too after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 5 persons to Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME and they were all cured from their various illness. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. Contact Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME now, he is a herbalist doctor, i assured you of a cure if you drink his natural herbs. DR.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME have herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, HBP, ST D, cancer, chronic, etc. Contact DR.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME through his Email address on: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com or call him on +2347030936239 Please share the good news to other people once you are cured.




    ReplyDelete