Sunday 10 February 2013

The World's Most Imaginative Title: An Update

Well, I attempted to get to the hospital on Friday for the blood tests I needed, but unfortunately my endocrinologist was in meetings all morning and I couldn't get through to her. She got back to me around half two, but by then I'd walked into town and back, and I was in need of a break; there was no way I'd get to the hospital then. So, I'll try again tomorrow.

I had a nice time with my mum, who came to visit, anyway. Then yesterday a couple of friends came over for tea and cake, which was lovely! At present I can generally manage about 2 - 3 hours of being sociable before I really need a rest (the time is increased if I'm curled up on a sofa for the duration; decreased if I have to do lots of walking or consider complex philosophical problems). I don't generally nap during the day - I think the hydrocortisone I'm on keeps me awake mostly - I just need to sit down somewhere quietly and read or watch TV for an hour or so.

Also: Happy Chinese New Year! I'm off to have a delicious Chinese meal courtesy of my excellent local takeaway :D

No comments:

Post a Comment