Thursday 25 October 2012

Pituitary Awareness Quiz: Day 8

I received one incredibly excellent poem in response to yesterday's question, I thoroughly encourage you all to go check it out! (And remember; it's never too late to respond!)

Today's question will be rather more staid and run-of-the-mill, however it may require a little detective work to find the right answer. Equally though, you have a fifty-fifty chance of getting it right without doing the legwork! But if you get it wrong, you'll look kind of foolish right? Hmm... tricksy.

Pituitary Awareness Quiz
Day 8, Question 8

Q.8: I'm currently receiving monthly lanreotide injections. These are somatostatin analogues - hormone injections - which counteract the effect of my pituitary adenoma producing too much thyroid hormone.
Assuming this is the only medication I'm taking, and assuming I live in England... am I allowed to donate blood?

a) Yes

b) No

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I think yes because lanreotide is synthetic, and not "human pituitary extract".

    Sorry, I can't resist a quiz! :S

    ReplyDelete